The Breathless Patient, held on 28 July 2016, was a highly successful educational event which hosted a panel of medical experts in cardiac and respiratory services. It examined the patient journey from GP to respiratory physician, cardiologist, specialised nursing, physiotherapy, tertiary and community care.
It discusses medical interventions, diagnostic tests, treatment, education and ongoing self-care. Audiences said the conversational style and expert knowledge led to an extremely informative and rewarding morning. Even the experts said they learnt something in this session.
You can also view these supporting documents:
- Cardiovascular rehabilitation and secondary prevention - quick reference guide - Health Networks
- COPD Assessment Test (also health professional guide) - GlaxoSmithKline companies
- Living well with chronic heart failure (action plan) (also available: patient booklet)- Heart Foundation
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Model of Care - Health Networks
- Heart Failure Model of Care - Health Networks
- COPD diagnosis, management and prevention - guidelines.co.uk
- Management of chronic heart failure - guidelines.co.uk
- Your Home Plan - Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
- Further COPD professional resources - Lung Foundation Australia
- Further Heart Failure resources - Heart Online