The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) - Health Community of Practice (CoP) is co-sponsored by TRACS WA and the Disability Health Network (DHN).
Following the inaugural NDIS-Health CoP held in May 2018 to support health clinicians interacting with the NDIS, it was suggested that a subsequent event could incorporate a panel type discussion with pre-submitted questions. This event, held on Monday 13th August at the Joske seminar room QEII, was facilitated by Fiona Payne, co-lead of the Disability Health Network.
• Samantha Jenkinson (Executive Director of People with Disabilities WA)
• Jenny Campbell (co-lead, Disability Health Network, and Chief Health Professions Officer)
• Kerry Stopher (Director Stakeholder Engagement, National Disability Insurance Agency)
• Rae Robinson (Senior Project Officer, NDIS, PCH, Child and Adolescent Health)
• Suzanne Spitz, (Program Manager Allied Health, WACHS)
55 people attended in person and there were at least 49 participants by VC. A range of questions were addressed.
The event was recorded and the PowerPoint presentations can be viewed at: https://youtu.be/NBe4WxdSeNQ
A summary of feedback was sent to all participants and links to resources referred to by the presenters are available via the new TRACS WA ‘NDIS and Health’ webpage: http://www.subacutecare.org.au/j/index.php/ndis-health-resources
The next NDIS and Health Community of Practice focusing on people with psychosocial disability will be held in mid-October and will be advertised via the TRACS WA website.