Our Subacute Care Learning Program is delivered to interprofessional groups and we are able to customise content for your service. Our modules are designed to teach the core principles of effective subacute care to all health staff at all skill levels, from beginner to advanced.
Each module is 1.5 hours in length and can be tailored to your workplace’s needs, e.g. half day or full-day training.
We have implemented COVID friendly safety measures and limited numbers to ensure physical distancing rules are adhered to.
We also offer training to clinicians working in Older Adult Mental Health, again modular, completed over one full day.
- Understand what subacute care is, and how it differs from acute care
- Understand the Principles of Rehabilitation and how to incorporate these into everyday practice
- Explore how well these principles are applied in your service, and areas for improvement.
Module 2: Person Centred Care
- Acknowledge the “human factor” in person centred care
- Understand principles of person centred care
- Understand how to practice person centred care in your work area
Module 3: Goal Setting
- Explore person centred, value based, and participatory goal setting
- Understand the elements of SMARTAAR goal setting
- Gain knowledge of tools and resources to improve goal setting practices
- Reflect on goal setting processes within your teams and identify opportunities, priorities and strategies for improvement
Module 4: Self Care in Health Care
- Understand virtues and values, and how they contribute to emotional wellbeing
- Recognise a range of strategies for self care
- Understand the impact of individual emotional wellbeing on service delivery
- Understand reslience and explore strategies
Module 5: Working in Effective Teams
- Recognise how learning styles can contribute to team functioning
- Explore different team roles
- Explore how to work together as an effective team
Module 6: Evidence Based Practice
- Understand the principles of evidence based practice (EBP) and how to integrate into the workplace
- Explore the resources available to support EBP
- Understand processes to support quality improvements in the workplace