Sessions are monthly via GotoWebinar from 12:30-13:30.
Wednesday,18th August - 'An overview of Acute Rheumatic Fever and Rheumatic Heart Disease: 'What you need to know Disease'
8th July - Cardiac Blues and Emotions click here to view the recording, with presenters from the Australian Centre for Heart Health. Depression Screening Tool. My Heart, My Life Support Program. PORTS Practitioner Online Referral Treatment Service
- Prof. Alun C Jackson MSc PhD FESC, is Director of the ACHH and established the Centre’s Cardiac Wellbeing Program. He has extensive experience in cardiac research, training and client services and represents the Centre on the ACRA executive.
- Associate Professor Rosemary Higgins PhD, Health Psychologist and Training Co-ordinator at the Centre. She has extensive experience in cardiac research, training and client services and was the recipient of this year’s Alan Goble Distinguished Service Award.
- Dr Barbara Murphy, PhD Associate Director at the Centre and has led much of the Centre’s work on anxiety, depression and the cardiac blues.
16th June session - Aboriginal Cardiovascular Health and Diabetes WA recording and presentation material
We have ongoing collaboration with the Heart Foundation WA the Australian Cardiovascular Health and Rehabilitation Association WA (ACRA-WA) and from 2020 Rural Health West have partnered with us. Since August 2018, the collaborative partnership have provided 27 presentations, with attendance from 150 sites. Each session is facilitated by an expert in their field, with previous topics ranging from Engaging Aboriginal People in Cardiovascular Care to Dietary information on Heart Health.
May session - High Intensity Interval Training for People with Heart Conditions and Cardiovascular Disease
April 22nd Recording Presentation material: Personalised Walking Plans and Walking Groups and Heart Foundation Resources.
March session Part 2 or Chronic Heart Conditions: Programs and Pathways Presentation: Management of Cardiovascular Conditions
February session Part 1 on Chronic Heart Conditions: Programs and Pathways, click here to access the recording. Presentations: GP Down South with Lynn Douglas and Chronic Heart Failure with Dr Rachel Orme
In November we delivered our 22nd CRSP session, with Wendy Dickinson, Heart Failure Clinical Nurse from SCGH, on Chronic Heart Failure, click here for presentation.
The sessions have been well received with clinicians attending via VC throughout Western Australia and from the Eastern States of Australia.
Please visit our website here to view previous recorded sessions and a wealth of resources.
Our topics for 2021 include:
- HITS Exercise and psychological impacts
- Cardiac Blues: Psychology in Cardiovascular Health and wellbeing
- Sleep Apnoea and its effects on Cardiovascular health
- Mentorship programs
- Diabetes and CVD
- Aboriginal Cardiovascular Health including Diabetes and Renal Disease
We welcome your ideas for topics you would like to be covered. Although our sessions are directed mainly clinicians working in WACHS, we welcome metropolitan clinicians working in this area to join us.
Please contact us if you would like to subscribe to the CRSP mailing list.
TRACS WA have developed three eLearning modules on Chronic Heart Failure. The 3 modules will take an hour in total to complete, where you will earn 1 CPD point. They cover the areas of Goal Setting, Principles of Rehab and Enablement / Self-Management Support, Motivational Interviewing and Behaviour.Please click here to access.