We offer training to clinicians working in Older Adult Mental Health (OAMH) and are back running our popular whole day of training in this area now in a COVID safe environment.
As we are aware of the aging population, this training is relevant not only to those working in OAMH but any health professional working in rehabilitation.
We currently have two modules for OAMH:
Module 1: Evidence Based Person Centred Care
- Understand the elements of a recovery apporach in Older Adult Mental Health based on evidence based practice
- Understand the human factor when working with Older Adult Mental Healht patients
- Through the use of real case study scenarios practice effective communication
- Learn strategies to support your care in Older Adult Mental Health based on these approaches;
- Behavioural Activation / Activity Scheduling
- Validation and Orientation